Well, get ready because this isn’t your typical anatomy lesson. Bright Side collected the most amazing facts about the human body. We bet you haven’t even suspected many of them.
Other videos you might like:
WHAT HAPPENS INSIDE YOUR BODY? || 360 VR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw9EJbezlK4
17 Jaw-Dropping Facts You Didn’t Know About the Human Body https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZhclrlQ2Eo&
15 Human Body Parts That Will Disappear One Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1sgVb3YBAI
Which body part gets oxygen not from the blood
How many smells the human brain can memorize
How many muscles are behind your ability to speak
Why you usually don’t remember your dreams
How many bones are in the human body
How long the brain is active after a person dies
How long the heart can beat outside the body
Why people grow up in the outer space
Can the human body eat itself?
What the length your small intestine is
Why you have two kidneys
Can you breathe and swallow at the same time?
Why people make such a wide array of sounds
Why older people’s noses and ears are bigger than yours
How much water we consume in our lifetime
A pregnant woman’s brain
Can stomach acid dissolve metal?
Is your tongue unique?
Your little finger is stronger than you think
Why we call our muscles “muscles”
Bacteria in your belly button
Something about blushing
What people and slugs have in common
The way you tilt when kissing
How babies see the world
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– You probably smell a lot of things every day! But you’ll never guess how many smells the human brain can memorize in a lifetime…50,000! And that’s why different smells can immediately spark a specific memory.
– It’s easy to open your mouth and talk, right? Then you’ll be shocked to know that 72 different muscles are behind your ability to speak.
– Speaking of the heart, it can actually beat outside the body! Thanks to a machine called the Organ Care System, or OCS, donor hearts can be kept alive longer during transport, increasing travel time by up to 12 hours!
– While it might not look like it from the outside, your small intestine is 23 feet long. So if you could stretch it out and hold it up, it’d be taller than an adult giraffe!
– Ever notice how a lot of your organs come in pairs, like the lungs and kidneys? It’s so that if you were to lose one, your body could still function with the other. That’s how people can donate a kidney and still live on the one they have left.
– Speaking of the voice box, humans, unlike other primates, have one that sits lower in their throat. That’s why people make such a wide array of sounds. If that’s the case, then Mariah Carey’s voice box must be way down in her stomach!
– Adults are recommended to drink around 2 liters of water a day. That means by the time you’re 70 years old, you’ll have chugged down 51,000 liters, which is over 13,000 gallons of water!
– Your tongue has patterns on it that are completely unique to you. Your teeth are also one-of-a-kind, and no one else can have the exact same dental print as you either!
– The word “muscle” comes from a Latin term that translates to “little mouse”. Ancient Romans thought muscles looked like little mice, so the decided to call them as such.
– Blushing requires you to be aware of what others think about you, which humans are definitely capable of. That being said, some people are more susceptible to blushing than others.
– So it’s no surprise that humans share 98.4% of their DNA with chimps. But did you know that you also share 70% of your DNA with slugs and 90% of it with domesticated cats?
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: